your needs, my needs
What are the needs of learning disabled people and how they differ from the needs of their families, their parents? Affected the group say describe their experiences.
Peter Wehrli: Dear viewers and spectators
disabled in the political debate about the rights of people are always talking about the needs of disabled people without the people concerned have the opportunity to comment on it. This is specifically the case with so-called "mentally ill", or as we prefer to say: For people with learning disabilities. What are the needs of learning disabled people and how they differ from the needs of their families, their parents? Where are the differences, where are the similarities? The questions we asked the real experts in this field, namely the form of individual. Please see for yourself
Silvio R: It is in this Film around the expectations of parents to their sons or daughters and vice versa. What parents have expectations for and what the expectations for sons. Joel, what do you say? do your parents ...
Joel T: That I am well.
Silvio R: The fact that your parents want, oke. And what do you want from your parents?
Joel T: That it three do not talk so much.
Silvio R: And what do you expect from your parents?
Elisabeth E: That they live a long time. And remain healthy.
Silvio R: And the question also goes to Mary ... What have you for a request to the parents?
Maria W: That they accept me the way I am. I've just always wanted to accept me as her child. Please accept my brother more than me and I do not think is so great. That makes me sad.
Silvio R: And what did the parents expectations of you?
Maria W: You have always said that I am disabled. I'm not good at school, and that this and that I can not. They always had charges against me that were not so good.
Silvio R: So you'd expect from you that your academic performance will be better?
Maria W: You are expected of me that I do not really learn as I want. Next I wanted to do with learning and they have always told me: "No, you must not, because you're disabled." And that to me has just done very very very painful.
Silvio R: Yes, well my father had such little time to play with us, or just be there. He has left to the mother. And my expectations would have been just that he had had little time for us and would have played with us and stuff. His expectation was just always, that he told me: "Yes, well, if you can keep all the poems in his head, then you can count on," He just has just always thought if I could, then I could the other also. And this was just laziness. Or it was not only want, or something. My strengths are now just simply in God's name, poems, drama and so on have been. Figures are for me very abstract.
Roger S: Every friend I had at that time could not accept my mother and my father. I had a very long time ... We now have, for example, two and a half years no longer talk to each other, my mother and I, my father and me. We live together for the first of September 2007, Maria and me. She moved to me. From then on, until recently, actually silence. And now, when we moved from Horgen to Vättis up, in the Grisons, so yes, on the edge of the Grisons, they come back and ask, "How are you?" - Or, such Things I have to listen to me now.
Silvio R: On the question of the demands of parents to us and we to his parents, Anne Marie has said the following.
Annemarie M: So, I said that my father was an alcoholic. My father drank like a fish. And I grew up in two homes. I could not earlier in the school because it has been said repeatedly, I was stupid. And at home my father said my name before. My father always said I was stupid. My father once said. "You do not have to learn to read, you have to learn to work only" Then I said: "Yes, but you know that you can have both, not just work."
Silvio R: What You're hoping you, he could do for you?
Anne Marie M: Well, that time he stops to drink Yes we have, I still had siblings, which we have always hoped (?). But hope is soon gone. Because he has beaten in anger all over again and has beaten us, our hope is soon gone again. As long as he has lived so long he was with us ... He had three wives. And later when I was about 15, he married again a woman. It has sometimes been called then, he had improved. As I said, "Yes, can not you transplant an old tree. You must stop times. This man never changes. "- He has, however, auch nie gebessert.
Silvio R: Mit meiner Mutter hatte ich einfach ein spezielles Verhältnis, ziemlich symbiotisch. Sie war für mich da, ich für sie. Ich habe eigentlich die Vaterrolle etwas übernommen. Bei mir war es einfach so, dass auch von ihr die Erwartung oder die Hoffnung da war, dass ich (schulisch) mitkomme und sie gesagt hat: „Es kann doch nicht sein, dass wenn ich Dir sage: „Bring das und das ins Wohnzimmer.“ Und du legst es im Gang hin und nach einer Stunde stehts immer noch dort. Das kann doch nicht sein. Du kannst ganze Theater-Rollen im Kopf behalten und das vergisst du.“ Und ich konnte ihnen das nicht klarmachen. Und das ist auch heute immer noch schwierig. Ich konnte es einfach nicht klarmachen, that there is a difference between long-and short-term memory. And that is really really poor for me, I admit. If someone has said five minutes ago, as he is, I know no more. But in two or three hours I fall in again.
Peter W: Do I have a wish? That he lives longer. That was my wish. But he is long gone.
Assistant: What has gone a long time?
Peter W: He died.
assistant: Your Pappa?
Peter W: Yes. This just makes me sad.
Silvio R: I've also made a 6-year-old home experience. And in the second home is just about gone really well ... They were heavy-educable, in Regensberg. And I wanted to harden. They have made me afraid, and so on.
Interviewer: And you wanted to be cured?
Silvio R: No, not at all! On the contrary. Ah yes, that's right. Absolutely. But this is not quite to the living room. No, but it's true. For I have found that there are enough tough guys in the world, unscrupulous people. I do not want that at all.
Interviewer: Who has learned that his parents will enjoy, if he has a girlfriend or a Freund hat? Wer hat eher das Gegenteil erlebt? Oder wart Ihr immer ein Herz und eine Seele in dieser Frage?
Roger S: Oh nein.
Interviewer: Wie ist das bei den verschiedenen Leuten?
Joel T: Naja, meine Eltern hatten auch keine Freude an meiner Freundin.
Interviewer: Nicht?
Joel T: Nein.
Interviewer: Und Du schon?
Joel T: Ja… jetzt gegen Ende vielleicht auch nicht mehr so sehr. Sie hat dieses und jenes verlangt. Ja, dann hatten sie eigentlich schon recht. Am Anfang hatten sie nicht so recht.
Interviewer: Und heute würdest Du sagen, Du hättest es nicht versuchen sollen?
Joel T: Nein, heute I would say I would rather not to try.
Roger S: So for me it is now just so that they ... that they now can accept with great difficulty Maria. And now that we live in Vättis up either way. And I think many mothers have there, even if it hurts to pinch himself sometimes in the ass and let the boys or the girls. And release, which is on the mothers, the difficult problem. They can not do. You can not let go.
Silvio R: That's true, but the reverse was it just that way. I could not let go. When my mother went away again and she called not to the time when I thought that they would call, then I have already seen the Umfallwagen and everything together, there is something that has happened. And vice versa.
Jürg I: My mother said earlier, I could not live alone. Then I thought: So, now I'll thump you over the ear. Now I show it to you.
Wizard: And what did you do then?
Jürg I: When we were in well, I've looked at just the residential school. Then I signed up for the residential school. Now I am in the residential school.
Interviewer: And now you have a mother too happy?
Jürg I: Yes.
Interviewer: Even though it was not right? Sometimes we're lucky if we learn something.
Jürg I: Now she sees it then.
Interviewer: Did you want to stay with a family, or was your family that you live with a family?
Elisabeth E: Even more my parents.
Interviewer: Your parents. You did not?
Elisabeth E: In the beginning I had some trouble. But afterwards I'm like going to the count.
Interviewer: So were they right?
Elisabeth E: Yes, they had actually been right. However, they were right.
Annemarie M: (...) They're both not grow up with me. Or, they are in another family. When she was 20, she was searching for me. And then they tell me then gefunden. Dann hat sie immer wieder nach dem Vater gefragt. Unter anderem hat sie immer wieder gefragt: „Hast Du Fotos?“ Dann hab ich gesagt: „Nein Rahel, ich hab keine Fotos mehr, ich hab alle zerrissen.“ „Ja warum denn?“ Da hab ich gesagt: „Weil ich nicht mehr daran erinnert werden wollte.“ Und nachher habe ich sie dann auch immer wieder gefragt, nach der Familie… Als ich sie mal etwas gefragt habe, wurde sie wütend. Dann habe ich sie gefragt: „Warum wirst Du jetzt wütend?“ „Naja, weisst Du… Du gibst mir ja auch nicht richtig Antwort.“ Da hab ich gesagt: „Doch, Rahel, bei dem, was ich noch weiss, habe ich Dir immer eine Antwort . Where 'after I once said to her: "You know, now we make a compromise: If what I want to know from you, then I come and ask you. And if you want to ask me something, then you ask me, "
assistant. Why are the children did not grow up with you?
Anne Marie M: Because I do not ... Because I had no help. My family has just said ... My mother always said: "Why did not you aborted? Why did you not tell me "
Roger S: Back when I still lived in Horgen, I did not feel as comfortable as now that I live in Vättis. But an 8-room farmhouse with barn, which you heat with a tiled stove needs to make a lot of work. Now I recently had to order wood. And transfer the timber. Cut that goes with a cutting machine already. So I can use the brush-saw. Columns but I have to learn. Or I find someone to give me split the wood, things like that.
Interviewer: Is everybody happy when you learn that?
Roger S: So my mother has huge fear. She said: "barrel I saw this engine alone! You only have a hand. And if you also will cut off the hand, then you have no more hand! "I hear them today. But I feel good up there. Poodle good. We can be loud up there. We können… was können wir noch? Wir können es geniessen dort oben. Es ist einfach extrem schön.
Silvio R: Seit frühester Kindheit hatte ich den Wunsch, Auto zu fahren. Also wenn ich krank war musste sie mir nur einen Pfannen-Deckel ans Bett bringen und das war dann mein Lenkrad. Und dieser Wunsch war so stark. Ich konnte mir das aber erst mit 30 erfüllen, weil ich dann etwas Geld verdient habe mit einer Diashow. Und da haben einfach sehr viele gesagt: „Ja aber Du bist doch immer so zerstreut.“ Die haben einfach gemeint, das sei beim Autofahren auch so. Und da bin ich einfach wirklich unglaublich glücklich, dass ich mich da durchgesetzt habe. Ich hab einfach gesagt: „Ich will autofahren!“ I mean, at least I have my mother cared for 6 years and we were very dependent on the car. For wheelchair-accessible things are not about the corner. So here I am really proud that I had succeeded me. I understand the concerns expressed by my mother. Because I was really distracted, just as one imagines an absent-minded professor. Always in my thoughts elsewhere. And I said, 'Listen, I live so much that I just pay attention when driving.
Elisabeth E: Every time I go home, I enjoy my father. Then I can always play card games with him and long Sepp (Swiss version of Mau Mau / Neunerln). I've always enjoyed. I like him very much, my father.
Texteinblendung: Wir danken den Mitgliedern der Gruppe Mitsprache für das Gespräch. / SL-TV 2010
Gruppe Mitsprache
C/o Bildungsklub Pro Infirmis Zürich
Hohlstrasse 560
8048 Zürich
www.gruppe-mitsprache.ch
0 comments:
Post a Comment