z'Bsuech in ZSL: Anne-Kathrin Bodenbender
Dear viewers
As part of our series "zBsuech ZSL you see today in an interview with Anne-Kathrin Bodenbender. She is an assistant at the ETH Zurich and deals with the basic work that is needed to enable a GPS for wheelchair users.
Q: Good day Anne-Kathrin. You work specifically on a navigation system for wheelchairs. Why can not a normal wheelchair use GPS?
A: Well, my reasoning behind it is actually that I have a feeling that in a normal GPS or information such as slopes, street edges, street supporting documents are included that play for a wheelchair so a big role if he wants to decide which He chooses the best route to get from "A over B to C.
Q: How are you going on? How do you find out that what a road surface and what made for a pitch? I mean, this is not even on the map.
A: So if the pavement I myself am still looking. Since I have now simply look: What can be purchased for information? If some of which contain such information? And if not should I consider myself a system to obtain the information.
The slope is now such that it gives information about certain areas. One option that I have to make the whole far Switzerland is to use a digital elevation model that Switzerland is so far, even for the cities. And out of the can then be interpolated for each road inclines.
Q: This is so precisely?
A: There are elevation models at a distance of eg 25 meters for the whole of Switzerland, where every 25 meters, a point is measured. And there are elevation models in much higher resolution for towns, for example, for the city of Zurich, on the basis of the whole thing should be done so as an example.
Q: But there are different Wheelchairs: Hand-operated, electric, and those with a tractor. Since then however, the hurdles are certainly different. So, yes that can overcome different obstacles.
A: For me, the idea behind it that I would basically have to contain information in general. So I just will not only have to include slopes above a certain threshold, but actually all inclines. And it should stop in the final version, each user können: „Meine maximale Steigung, mein gewünschter Bodenbelag ist so und so, berechne mir die Route. So dass eigentlich jeder mit den gleichen Hintergrund-Informationen, die da ablaufen, speziell auf seine Wünsche sich das System einstellen kann und dann seine Route sich errechnen lassen kann.
Q: Also muss man sein Vermögen selber sehr gut kennen?
A: Man muss das schon selber einschätzen können. Ich denke auch jemand der sich selber schlecht einschätzen kann, für den ist es dann wahrscheinlich auch schwierig dann mit dem GPS alleine zurecht zu kommen. Das ist dann schon eine wichtige Sache. Eine andere Möglichkeit wäre natürlich Grenzwerte für jeden Rollstuhltyp einzustellen and then choose what type do I go for a wheelchair. But I think, because even that can be so different from user to user, because the force is different for everyone who does probably is not necessarily more sense.
Q: Did you collaborate with other agencies?
A: The idea for the work actually came from Jan Reinhardt the Swiss Paraplegic Association who gave me then, contact was in Zurich to Peter Wehrli of the Center for Independent Living. And apart from that I'm definitely glad if other people deal with it, or have ideas and to contact me (banner (at) student.ethz.ch) because I'm actually already made otherwise me and have to try establish contact. And I'm looking for suggestions.
Q: Thank you for the interview and good luck.
A: Thank you.
We thank Anne-Kathrin Bodenbender for visiting
SL-TV 2010
0 comments:
Post a Comment